1. Thank you for using the The Word Wave ("TWW") website (www.thewordwave.com, referred to hereafter as the "Website").
2. This page describes the terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service") under which you may use the Website and any contents, online communications, and other information that is or becomes accessible on the Website.
3. The Word Wave is an online marketplace that connects freelancers with clients (“both referred to as Users or You”).
4. The following terms and conditions govern the use of The Word Wave platform by both clients using the website and freelancers registered on the website.
5. By accessing the Website, you accept and agree to be bound, without limitation or qualification by these terms and conditions.
6. By entering your email or credit card information, you’ve officially “signed” the Terms of Service. If you sign up to The Word Wave on behalf of a company or another entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to accept these terms of their behalf.
7. If you do not accept any of the terms or conditions stated here, please do not use the Website.
1. Welcome to The Word Wave, an online marketplace that connects skilled freelancers with clients seeking their expertise.
2. Our platform is designed to provide a reliable and secure environment where freelancers and clients can collaborate on various projects.
3. However, we acknowledge that as a third-party platform, we have no control over the job performance of either freelancers or clients.
4. To ensure transparency and fairness, we have established a comprehensive set of terms and conditions that all users must adhere to when using our platform.
5. Our terms and conditions cover a wide range of topics, including user conduct, payment processing, dispute resolution, and intellectual property rights.
6. Our ultimate goal is to safeguard the interests of both clients and freelancers, while promoting a thriving community of professionals dedicated to providing high-quality work.
7. We are committed to providing a seamless and hassle-free experience for all users and welcome your feedback to help us improve our services.
8. As such, The Word Wave does not assume any responsibility or liability for the quality, accuracy, or legality of the work done by freelancers, or the accuracy or reliability of the information provided by clients. The Word Wave is not responsible for any damages or losses resulting from the use of our platform or any transaction conducted through it.
9. The Word Wave will take all necessary measures to safeguard the interests of our Users. However, we cannot guarantee the successful completion of any job or the accuracy of any information provided by clients or freelancers.
10. The Word Wave will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages resulting from the use of our platform, including but not limited to, loss of profits, loss of data, or other intangible losses.
11. By using our platform, you agree to waive any claim against The Word Wave for any damages, costs, or liabilities arising from the use of our platform.
12. The limitations of liability set forth in these terms and conditions shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provision of these terms and conditions is deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
13. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the limitations of liability, please contact us at [email protected].
Agreement Between You & The Word Wave LLC
1. The Website is owned and operated by The Word Wave LLC, a Delaware-based limited liability company, and is provided to you subject to your acceptance, without modification, of the terms, conditions, disclaimers, and notices contained herein.
2. Usage of the content, services, and/or goods displayed in any or all areas of this site constitutes your commitment that you will not use the Website for illegal purposes and that you will comply with these Terms of Service and those posted in specific areas of the site.
In addition, when you use specific The Word Wave-owned or -operated services, you are subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services, which may be posted and changed from time to time. All such guidelines and standards (including, but not limited to, our Earnings Disclaimer) are incorporated into these Terms of Service by this reference.
3. TWW may terminate this agreement between you and TWW at any time without prior notice.
4. Please note that TWW maintains the right to modify the Terms of Service under which you have access to this website and its offerings.
Any such modification shall be effective immediately upon notice, which may be provided by TWW publishing such change on the Website, by e-mail, or in any other acceptable manner.
All modifications to this Terms of Service webpage shall be deemed a posting for purposes of notice. If a change is notified by a posting on the Website, it shall be deemed to take effect when posted; if a change is notified by e-mail, it shall be deemed to take effect when the e-mail is sent; and if a modification is notified in any other way, it shall be deemed to take effect when the relevant notice is sent or issued by or on behalf of TWW.
5. Your continued use of the Website following notice of such modifications will be conclusively deemed acceptance of any changes to these Terms of Service.
6. You agree that notice of changes to these Terms of Service on the Website, by posting, such as modification of this Terms of Service webpage, or delivered by email, or provided in any other reasonable way constitutes reasonable and sufficient notice.
7. It is your responsibility to review these terms and conditions periodically for any changes. Your continued use of our platform after any changes indicates your acceptance of the changes.
Collection & Use of Information by The Word Wave
1. The privacy of our users is of utmost importance to us at The Word Wave online marketplace. We collect personal information from our users when they use our products or services, register with The Word Wave, or visit our web pages or the web pages of our partners.
2. The personal information we collect may include the user's name, email address, phone number, and billing information.
3. We take appropriate measures to safeguard the privacy of our users and their personal information. We do not share or sell personal information to any third parties except as required by law or to fulfill our obligations to our users.
5. In addition, The Word Wave may combine the information we have with information obtained from business partners or other companies. This is done to improve our services and provide a better user experience.
Delaware Law and Venue
1. These Terms of Service shall be interpreted and governed by the laws of Delaware, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law provision or rule that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction.
2. By using The Word Wave online marketplace, you expressly agree, acknowledge, and consent to personal jurisdiction of Delaware.
3. You also acknowledge and agree that any dispute arising between you and The Word Wave relating to your use of our platform, the Terms of Service, or any other dispute relating to our platform shall be exclusively heard in the state and courts located in Delaware, DE.
4. The above statement aims to provide clarity and guidance to our users regarding the governing law and jurisdiction for any disputes that may arise between The Word Wave and its users.
5. In case of any dispute, both parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts located in Delaware, DE. This is to provide a fair and impartial resolution for any disputes that may arise between our platform and its users.
6. If any user has any questions or concerns regarding our governing law and jurisdiction statement, we encourage them to contact us at the provided contact information. Our team [[email protected]] is always available to address any questions or concerns that our users may have.
1. TWW spends a considerable number of resources and time collecting, preparing, collating, and developing the statistics and other information and content available on TWW website. Accordingly, data scraping, website scraping, screen scraping, and all other means of automated and/or manual data and content mining are absolutely banned, and you agree not to use any of the Website's data, information, or content unless as expressly permitted by these Terms of Service.
2. You additionally warrant that you will not attempt or actually extract data from this website in order to populate internal or external databases.
1. These Terms of Service provide you with a personal, revocable, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use this Website, conditioned on your continued compliance with these Terms of Service.
2. You may print and download materials and information on this Website solely for personal and non-commercial use; provided that in all cases all hard copies contain all copyright and other applicable notices contained in such materials and information.
3. Notwithstanding the foregoing and except as otherwise expressly permitted herein, you may not modify, copy, distribute, broadcast, transmit, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, sell, scrape, mirror, frame, or otherwise use any information or material obtained from or through this Website.
4. You confirm that you are of legal age to make a binding contract and that you are not a person forbidden from receiving or using any TWW services under the laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction.
5. You also warrant to TWW that you will not use this Website for any purpose that is unlawful, prohibited by any applicable regulation, or otherwise inconsistent with these Terms of Service, including, but not limited to, defamation, disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, obscenity, or infringement of copyright or trademark.
6. Moreover, considering the worldwide nature of the Internet, you agree to abide by any local regulations regarding online conduct and appropriate Content.
1. This website contains data, information, and other materials and content ('Content') that were developed and/or compiled by TWW or third parties. A portion of the data and information comes from public and third-party sources.
2. While we believe these sources to be usually dependable, we have no obligation to pre-screen this Content and are not liable for any failure or delay in removing it.
3. TWW makes no representations or warranties about the dependability, correctness, completeness, or genuineness of any content on the website.
4. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, (including risks related to the infringement or potential infringement of third-party intellectual property rights), that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will TWW be liable for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content on the Website or obtained through the Website.
1. TWW is committed to maintaining the quality of all its web properties, including its online marketplace that connects freelancers with clients.
2. To this end, all Users of our platform are expected to comply with Google's policies and guidelines.
3. By using our platform, you agree to adhere to Google's Link Schemes Quality Guidelines and refrain from engaging in any practices that violate these guidelines.
4. Specifically, you agree not to engage in any link schemes, such as buying or selling links, participating in link farms or networks, or using automated link-building programs.
5. TWW reserves the right to remove any pages or links that are not up to standard as we are committed to ensuring that all our web properties maintain the highest quality standards.
6. By creating a hyperlink or backlink to The Word Wave’s website, you agree to comply with the following terms:
- Hyperlinks to The Word Wave’s website should be made in good faith and should not mislead users as to the source or origin of the content.
- Hyperlinks to The Word Wave’s website should not create an impression of affiliation or endorsement between your website and The Word Wave’s website unless such an affiliation or endorsement exists.
- Hyperlinks to The Word Wave’s website should be presented in a way that does not damage or dilute the reputation associated with The Word Wave’s trademarks, logos, or other intellectual property.
- Hyperlinks to The Word Wave’s website should not be used in a way that is defamatory, libelous, or otherwise harmful to The Word Wave’s reputation or business.
- The Word Wave reserves the right to request the removal of any hyperlink or backlink to their website that does not comply with these terms, at any time and without prior notice.
- The Word Wave is not responsible for the content on third-party websites that link to their website, nor does The Word Wave endorse or have any control over the content of those websites.
1. This website may use 'cookies,' Flash objects, or similar technological techniques to gather information, such as your computer's IP address, to enhance and personalize your experience. A cookie is a little text file that is installed on your computer and which gathers information about your use of this website, such as the web pages visited, the date and time of a visit, the websites you visited just before this one, and so on. By using this Website, you consent to cookies being placed on your computer.
2. Changing your browser's settings will allow you to refuse all cookies from any party. Nonetheless, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, certain sections of our Website may not function properly.
1. TWW respects the intellectual property of others. It is TWW’s policy to respond expeditiously to claims of copyright and other intellectual property infringement, but only if we are notified and it is clear that it is copyright infringement, and given a reasonable time to take action.
2. TWW will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ('DMCA') and other applicable intellectual property laws.
3. Upon receipt of notices complying or substantially complying with the DMCA, TWW may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing.
4. TWW will terminate access for subscribers and account holders who are repeat infringers. No refund will be issued.
Notifying The Word Wave of Copyright Infringement
1. If you believe that your copyrighted material is being used on The Word Wave’s platform without your permission, you need to submit a written communication to their DMCA Infringement Notification Department via email at [email protected].
2. The communication should include the required information as specified by the DMCA.
3. It is important to note that if you falsely claim that your copyright is being infringed, you may be held liable for damages, including costs and attorneys' fees.
Providing TWW with Counter-Notification
1. If The Word Wave removes or disables access to your content in response to a notice of infringement, they will attempt to notify you as the content's owner or administrator.
2. If you believe that your content does not infringe on anyone's copyright, you can submit a counter-notification to The Word Wave by sending an email to their 'DMCA Counter Notification Department' at [email protected] with all the required details stated by the DMCA.
3. You may be held accountable for damages, including costs and lawyers' fees, if you file a false or misleading counter-notification. If you are uncertain whether a particular action constitutes copyright infringement, you should seek legal counsel.
3. It is important to note that The Word Wave takes your privacy seriously and has measures in place to protect your personal information.
Copyright & Ownership
1. This website contains content that is protected by intellectual property, trademark, or other proprietary rights of TWW or third parties.
2. The TWW-provided content is protected as a collective work under the applicable copyright law. You undertake to abide by any additional copyright notices, information, or limitations contained in any Content accessible via the Website.
3. Except as expressly permitted by copyright laws and these Terms of Service, no Content may be copied, stored, redistributed, or published without the written permission of TWW, or the Content's owners or their authorized representatives. TWW may utilize your logo and/or landing pages in marketing materials.
1. By using The Word Wave’s website, you agree to protect and defend The Word Wave, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, and suppliers from any claims, demands, or legal actions brought by a third party due to or arising out of your use of the website, your violation of the Terms of Service, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any third-party rights. This includes any associated attorney fees and court costs.
2. It is important to note that The Word Wave’s liability is limited to the extent permitted by law. The Word Wave does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the content on their website, nor do they guarantee uninterrupted or error-free access to their website.
3. Additionally, The Word Wave is not liable for any indirect, consequential, or incidental damages that may arise from your use of their website or related services.
Disclaimer of warranty
1 . You acknowledge and agree that use of the website and its content is entirely at your own risk.
2. All materials and content in this website, including those provided by links to third-party websites are provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.
3. The content published on this website may include inaccuracies. The Word Wave makes no representations and, to the fullest extent allowed by law, disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of non-infringement of intellectual property or other proprietary rights, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or regarding the suitability of the information or content.
4. Furthermore, The Word Wave makes no representations and, to the fullest extent allowed by law, disclaims all warranties regarding the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the content, services, products, text, graphics, links, or other items contained within the website, or the results obtained from accessing and using this website and/or the content contained herein. The Word Wave does not warrant that the website and its content, including the server(s) that makes them available, are free of viruses, malware, or other harmful components.
5. We guarantee to provide our platform and services with reasonable care and skill. We will strive to maintain a secure, efficient, and user-friendly platform.
6. If you experience any technical issues or problems with our services, we will do our best to address and resolve them in a timely manner.
7. However, we do not guarantee that all issues or problems will be resolved, as some may be outside of our control.
18. Limitation on liability
1. Under no circumstances shall The Word Wave be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages (even if The Word Wave has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from any aspect of your use of the website, whether the damages arise from use or misuse of the website, from inability to use the website, or the interruption, suspension, modification, alteration, or termination of the website. Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of any services or products received through or advertised in connection with the website or any links on the website, as well as by reason of any information or advice received through or advertised in connection with the website or any links on the website.
2. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law. These liability limitations may not be permitted in some jurisdictions and consequently, the foregoing limitations may not apply to you in such jurisdictions.
Invoices and Billing
1. As soon as your payment is received, service will begin. You will be charged the full fee listed at the time of purchase in addition to any applicable taxes. Your subscription will renew automatically (except purchases of lifetime memberships) on the renewal date, unless you request termination.
2. Our charges for monthly and annual plans are posted on our Website and may be changed from time to time. If the changes affect existing users, they will be notified before the change takes effect. The account owner agrees to receive the invoices by electronic means. The invoices shall be visible in the Application if the account owner logs into the Account.
3. If you upgrade to a higher tier plan during the billing cycle, a prorated fee between the rates specified in the subscription you previously selected and the fees specified in the subscription to which you have upgraded will be applied. You will either be charged on the day of the upgrade or in the following billing period for any upgrade to your subscription. If you request to downgrade to a lower tier plan during the billing cycle, the changes will take effect starting immediately after the request was processed by our billing department.
4. As long as you are a Member or have an outstanding balance with us, you will provide us with valid credit card information and authorize us to deduct the monthly charges against that credit card. You will replace the information for any credit card that expires with information for a valid one.
5. Anyone using a credit card represents and warrants that they are authorized to use that credit card and that any and all charges may be billed to that credit card and won’t be rejected.
6. If we are unable to process your credit card order, we will try to contact you by email and suspend your account until your payment can be processed.
1. The Word Wave acts as an intermediary for payment transactions between clients and freelancers on our platform. Our payment and escrow policy ensures that both parties are protected during the transaction process.
2. Once a client engages a freelancer, the platform will deduct the job's worth (or the first milestone) from the client's account. The payment will be held in escrow until the work is completed and the client is satisfied with the results.
Escrow: The cash withdrawn from the customer's account will be held in escrow until the task is completed and the client gives final approval. The freelancer will not receive payment unless the client approves the deliverables.
Processing Fees: Each transaction that takes place on the The Word Wave platform incurs a processing cost. This fee is normally 3% to 5% of the job's total value and is added to the money withdrawn from the client's account.
Disputes: In the event of a dispute, The Word Wave may hold the funds in escrow until the dispute is resolved. The Word Wave will assist in resolving the dispute, but will not take sides in any dispute.
Refunds: If the client is not satisfied with the work provided by the freelancer, the client may request a refund. The Word Wave will mediate the dispute and may issue a refund if the work provided by the freelancer does not meet the agreed upon standards.
Termination of Contract
1. Termination of the contract can be requested any time at [email protected] only from the email address associated with the account. If this is not possible, we reserve the right to ask for additional information to prove ownership, such as but not limited to the last four digits of the credit card or related phone number.
2. The changes will take effect from the date and time of the email request. Inactive accounts will not be considered as terminated, unless a specific request is sent.
3. If you terminate your membership within 30 days of your order, you will be eligible for a refund on your membership fees. Should more than 30 days pass, your payment is non-refundable and your service will continue until the end of your subscription term.?
4. Only membership fees are refundable, all other purchases are non-refundable and are considered final.
5. You agree that before any purchase is made on The Word Wave, you have read our Earnings Disclaimer located in a link at the bottom of our homepage.
6. The client permanently and irrevocably waives any and all rights to enact a ‘chargeback’ (that is, a disputed, reversed or contested charge with the applicable bank, credit card or charge card) against payments that were made during the period of the contract and are dated before the date of the termination request, for any reason whatsoever.
7. Any chargeback processed against charges for The Word Wave will result in full and complete termination of all The Word Wave licenses and accounts due to the significant costs involved in administration of managing chargebacks.
8. The Word Wave is under no obligation to store your Content and may delete your Account and your Content immediately upon termination or may keep your Account and your Content for up to 60 days following the last day of the month of termination. If the account is reactivated, upon request from you, we will make any and all of your Content available for access, if possible.
Subscription and prices packages
1. Packages for Freelancers: These subscription packages will provide freelancers with the opportunity to apply for more jobs and to feature their profiles prominently on the platform. Upon joining the platform, freelancers will receive free points which they can use to apply for up to five jobs.
2. After this initial period, they will need to subscribe to a package to apply for additional jobs. These packages will be priced based on the duration of the subscription and the number of jobs that can be applied for during that period. Higher packages will provide the added benefit of featuring a freelancer's profile and showcasing them at the top of search results.
3. Packages for Clients: These subscription packages will provide clients with premium services, such as having their jobs featured prominently on the platform, gaining access to top-rated freelancers, and featuring ads on the website. These packages are optional and are not mandatory for clients to post jobs. The pricing for these packages will vary based on the duration of the subscription and the level of services offered.
Work made for hire
1. Any work created by a freelancer through the use of the The Word Wave platform and paid for by a client shall be considered "work made for hire." As such, the client shall be considered the author and owner of such work, and shall have all rights and privileges associated with such ownership.
2. The freelancer hereby assigns and transfers all rights, title, and interest in and to any such work to the client, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights.
3. The freelancer agrees to execute any documents or take any actions necessary to effectuate such assignment and transfer of rights.
4. The freelancer further agrees not to use, reproduce, or distribute any work made for hire created through the The Word Wave platform, except as authorized by the client in writing.
The Word Wave is committed to ensuring that any dispute between a freelancer and a client is resolved in a fair and impartial manner. In the event of a disagreement between a freelancer and a client after or before the work is submitted, the following policies will apply:
Direct Communication: If a disagreement arises, both the freelancer and the client are encouraged to communicate with each other directly to attempt to resolve the dispute. If they are unable to come to an agreement, they can seek guidance from The Word Wave. The contact information for The Word Wave can be found on our website.
Documentation: In the event that a dispute cannot be resolved, The Word Wave may require documentation of the work performed and any relevant communication between the freelancer and the client. This documentation should be provided to The Word Wave as soon as possible after the dispute has arisen.
Guidance from The Word Wave: If the disagreement cannot be resolved through direct communication between the freelancer and the client, The Word Wave may provide guidance to assist in resolving the dispute. The Word Wave may offer suggestions, but will not make a decision on the matter.
Non-Interference: The Word Wave will not interfere with the outcome of any dispute resolution process, and will not take sides in any dispute. Our role is limited to providing guidance to both the freelancer and the client to help resolve the dispute in a fair and impartial manner.
Training Packages: The Word Wave will partner with training agencies to offer suitable training to its freelancers. While the training will not be hosted on the website, freelancers can subscribe to these training packages for a fee. The pricing for these packages will vary based on the type of training and its duration.
Ad Packages: The Word Wave also intends to include ads on its platform. These ads may include advertisements for companies that clients may be interested in, or ads for the platform's clients or training institutions. The pricing for these ad packages will vary based on the type of ad and its duration.
1. Agreement: Once a client has selected a freelancer and agreed upon the task details, including the fee and deadlines, the client will click the "Hire freelancer" button to begin the job. By doing so, the client commits to pay the agreed-upon price to the freelancer upon project completion.
2. For jobs with milestones, the job will be updated to reflect the milestones, including their dates and costs. Before the job commences, the customer and freelancer will agree on the particular milestones and timelines. Before the freelancer can advance to the next milestone, the customer will release payment for each milestone that has been reached.
3. All modifications should be specified in the job description and approved by both parties prior to the start of work.
4. Disputes: In the case of a conflict, The Word Wave will aid in its resolution. While making a choice, The Word Wave will examine the job agreement and milestone procedure.
Intellectual Property Rights
1. The content available on the Site, including but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, images, audio clips, data compilations, software, and code, is the property of The Word Wave or its content suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws.
2. The compilation of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of The Word Wave and is protected by international copyright laws.
3. You acknowledge and agree that any material, information or other communication that you transmit or post on the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
4. By transmitting or posting any information or material on the Site, you grant The Word Wave and its affiliates an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit, and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that The Word Wave is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques that you send us for any purpose.
- If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide The Word Wave's Copyright Agent with the following information: A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit The Word Wave to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit The Word Wave to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
1. To use certain features of the Website, you will need a username and password, which you will receive through the Website 's registration process.
2. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities (whether by you or by others) that occur under your password or account.
3. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
4. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
Copyscape and Copyscape Warning
1. The Word Wave values originality and the protection of intellectual property. As such, all content submitted by freelancers to clients on the platform must be original, and not infringe on any copyright or other intellectual property rights.
2. We strongly recommend that all content be checked using a plagiarism detection tool such as Copyscape to ensure its originality.
3. The Word Wave also warns users that plagiarized content will not be tolerated on the platform.
4. We reserve the right to remove any content that is found to be plagiarized, and may terminate the accounts of users who engage in such conduct.
5. In addition, users who have had their content found to be plagiarized may be subject to legal action by the original copyright holder.
6. We take plagiarism seriously and strive to maintain the integrity of the platform as a marketplace for original content.
7. By using The Word Wave, you acknowledge and agree to these policies and understand the consequences of plagiarism on the platform.
The following offenses will cause your account to be restricted or demoted
1. Hacked Account Claims If you fail to secure your account and hackers gain control, we reserve the right to ban your account due to heightened security risk.
2. It is your responsibility to protect your account.
3. Threatening Or Abusive Messages to Users When a user sends threatening or abusive messages through our system’s messaging board. This includes unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
4. Trying to Solicit Work from Outside The Word Wave Platform: When a writer uses Skype, Freelancer, etc. to outsource work found on The Word Wave.
5. The user posts a TWW project online and gets a freelancer to complete the work, then disappears without paying the freelancer, and uploads the content as their own to The Word Wave. This is a very serious offense.
6. Submitting Plagiarized Content Found by Client: When a client finds that an article passed through CopyScape, but was indeed plagiarized upon review of a 3rd party software.
7. Writers/Clients Attempting to Work Outside of The Word Wave: When a client or writer messages another user in an attempt to work outside of The Word Wave.
8. Rankings Manipulation: When a Freelancer and requester work together to rapidly boost a writer’s ratings to be promoted to a higher writer’s level. Requesters supply overly simple standard level requests when they are not allowed to send special requests on the standard level.
Class Action Waiver
1. You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action.
2. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations aren't allowed.
3. The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class or representative proceeding or claims (such as a class action, consolidated action or private attorney general action) unless all relevant parties specifically agree to do so following initiation of the arbitration.
1. If any clause within this Provision (other than the Class Action Waiver clause above) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Provision, and the remainder of this Provision will be given full force and effect.
2. If the Class Action Waiver clause is found to be illegal or unenforceable, this entire Provision will be unenforceable and the dispute will be decided by a court.
We appreciate your trust in our platform and look forward to a mutually beneficial relationship with our Users.